I meet all the requirements to get the Energy Academy Certificate, what’s next?
When you have participated in 10 Energy Learning Activities and obtained 30 ECTS of interdisciplinary energy education at the Hanze UAS or University of Groningen, please let us know by filling out the contact form. We will check your progress and inform you about further steps.
Is this programme for Bachelor or Master students?
The Energy Academy Programme is accessible to all students! Our Learning Activities are open to everyone. Energy courses can be followed in both the Bachelor and Master programmes from the Hanze UAS and University of Groningen.
I’m a student at a vocational college. Is it possible to participate?
Everyone is able to participate in our Energy Learning Activities. As a vocational student you are able to obtain the Declaration of Participation by attending 10 Learning Activities. For now the Energy Academy Certificate is only available for students from the Hanze University of Applied Sciences and the University of Groningen.
I’ve received the Energy Academy Certificate, can I show this on LinkedIn?
Yes! You can add the Energy Academy Certificate on your personal LinkedIn page. Go to ‘Add profile section’ and select ‘Licenses and certifications’. Here you can enter ‘Energy Academy Certificate’ under ‘name’ and ‘Energy Academy’ under ‘Issuing Organisation’. You can do the same for the ‘Energy Academy Declaration of Participation’.
Energy Learning Activities
In how many Energy Learning Activities did I participate?
To check how many Energy Learning Activities you participated in you can check with us by filling out the contact form. We will check your progress in our database and get back to you as soon as possible.
Energy Education Programme
I’m an exchange student from a different institution, now studying at the Hanze UAS or University of Groningen. Is it possible for me to obtain the Energy Academy Certificate?
- Depending on the academic plan you follow during your exchange programme, you may be able to obtain the Energy Academy Certificate. Please send us your plan and we will check to see if it delivers at least 30 ECTS of interdisciplinary energy education.
- You will also need to attend 10 Energy Learning Activities during your exchange period. Since we organise at least 10 activities every semester, you should be able to attend enough activities during your exchange programme.
- If your study programme does not contain enough interdisciplinary energy education for the Energy Academy Certificate, you can still obtain the Declaration of Participation by attending 10 Energy Learning Activities.
I’m a Master’s student at the Faculty of Economics, following the Energy Focus Area. Does this count for the 30 ECTS of energy education?
The FEB Energy Focus Area covers 30 ECTS of energy courses. However the Master’s focus area has a Business perspective and is not interdisciplinary enough for the Energy Academy Certificate. You will have to follow at least 10 ECTS worth of energy courses from other programmes. Check out the examples or aks us for recommendations.
How do I find out if my 30 ECTS of energy education are entitled to count for the Certificate?
What does interdisciplinary energy education mean?
Interdisciplinary energy education means that you study the subject of energy through multiple disciplines and from multiple viewpoints. This deepens your understanding of the topic and allows you to see it in a wider context.
Is it possible to have an interdisciplinary energy programme within the same faculty?
Yes, some faculties offer courses or programmes with an interdisciplinary character. We consider these courses or programmes as interdisciplinary.
- the minor Energy counts for 30 ECTS of interdisciplinary energy education.
- the minor Future Planet Innovation counts for at least 15 ECTS of interdisciplinary energy education, an extra 5 ECTS can be awarded if the final project included in the minor deals with energy.
- the master Energy and Environmental Sciences usually contains an interdisciplinary programme.
How does the Energy Route at the Hanze UAS work for me?
- You can find your energy route here.
- Select the energy route corresponding to the subject area of your Bachelor programme
- Check the required distribution of ECTS among the three subject areas in the Legend of your energy route
- Discover your possibilities in the energy route while keeping the required distribution in mind
- Uncertain about your Energy Route? Ask your certificate-coordinator Eline Boelens.
Is it possible to obtain the Energy Academy Certificate with a Hanze Master?
- Yes, the Hanze UAS offers three interdisciplinary Master’s programmes:
- Sustainable Energy Systems Management
- European Master in Renewable Energy
- Energy for Society
- After completing the entire Master’s programme, you fulfill the requirements of the Energy Academy Certificate for 30 ECTS of interdisciplinary energy education.
- If you don’t complete the whole Master’s programme, we have to check whether you have collected at least 30 ECTS of interdisciplinary energy education in the correct distribution between the three subject areas (Society, Technology, Business).